- INS Sindhukesari, an Indian Navy Kilo class conventional submarine, docked in Jakarta, Indonesia, for the first time from February 22 to 24, 2023, as part of the Indian Navy’s growing military collaboration with Southeast Asian nations.
- It passed through the Sunda Strait and made its first docking in Indonesia for Operational Turnaround (OTR).
About The INS Sindhukesari
- INS Sindhukesari is one of the Sindhughosh-class submarines built by Russia.
- The submarine was first commissioned by the Indian Navy in 1989 and was recently refitted.
- Sindhughosh class subs are diesel-electric submarines of the Kilo class. The subs are 3,000 tonnes in weight.
# UPSC PYQ-2016
- Which one of the following is the best description of ‘INS Astradharini’, that was in the news recently?
(a) Amphibious warfare ship (b) Nuclear-powered submarine
(c) Torpedo launch and recovery vessel
(d) Nuclear-powered aircraft carrier