A Walk Through The Journey of Chanakya Mandal Pariwar
Chanakya Mandal Pariwar’s
1st March 1996
Smt. Kiran Bedi (IPS)On March 1, 1996 A. B. Dharmadhikari resigned from IAS after 10 years of service, to establish Chanakya Mandal Pariwar, for which Shri Shirubhau Limaye and Annu Tai gave their Sadashivpeth Wada. Shri. Shirubhau and Annutai are freedom fighters and Gandhiji’s followers. On 10 August 1996 Chanakya Mandal Pariwar was established at the hands of Smt. Kiran Bedi (IPS) Centre started at Pune and Mumbai.
While in service, initiated some experiments in responsive administration.
- Many original experiments in office and field level functioning of government machinery to reorient the operations and methodologies in bureaucracy.
- Long-pending land disputes resolved speedily through reconciliatory measures, adopting revenue-court system.
- Active participation in Literacy, universalization of education, women-farmers-consumer movements, land and water conservation, movements against corruption and superstitions.
- Implemented a special programme for neo-literates, so that they do not relapse into illiteracy.
- The programme was appreciated as a ‘model scheme’, by the National Literacy Mission.
- Actively supported various developmental schemes by acting as informal interface between the administration and voluntary agencies.
10 years of service as outstanding officer. Conducting workshops for UPSC aspirants all-over Maharashtra.
Important posts held in the IAS :
- Sub-divisional officer at Phaltan.
- Officer on special duty for the state’s Chief Secretary.
- Director, State Archives, Mumbai.
- Chief Executive Officer at Ratnagiri and Amravati Zilla Parishads
- Additional Collector, Pune.
- Director, Women and Child Welfare Department, Maharashtra.
- District Collector, Raigad (Alibaug)
- Deputy Secretary to the Chief Minister, Maharashtra