Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI)
- Recently, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) is using in-house artificial intelligence (AI) technology to improve the robustness of fingerprint authentication.
About the UIDAI
- The Unified Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) is a statutory authority established by the Indian government in 2009.
- UIDAI is responsible for implementing and managing the Aadhaar program.
- The Aadhaar program is India’s national identification system, which assigns a 12-digit unique identification number to residents of India.
- The UIDAI is responsible for enrolling residents into the Aadhaar program and maintaining a database of Aadhaar numbers and related information.
- The agency also verifies and authenticates identity information to ensure accuracy and prevent fraud.