White Label ATM
- Recently, The Reserve Bank of India has granted an extension to Vakrangee for the validity of its authorization to establish, possess, and manage White Label ATMs in India.
- ATMs that are established, owned and operated by non-banks are known as White Label ATMs.
- Non-bank ATM operators are granted authorization by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) under the Payment & Settlement Systems Act, 2007.
- As per the latest audited balance sheet of the financial year, non-bank entities operating White Label ATMs should maintain a minimum net worth of Rs 100 crore at all times.
- The activity of White Label ATM (WLA) Operations allows for up to 100% Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) under the automatic route.
Other Labels of ATM –
- Green Label ATMs: Used for agricultural purposes
- Yellow Label ATMs: Used for e-commerce transactions
- Orange Label ATMs: Used for share transactions
- Pink Label ATMs: Specifically for females to help avoid the long queues and waiting time
- Brown Label Banks: Operated by a third party other than a bank
Which one of the following links all the ATMs in India?
(a) Indian Banks’ Association
(b) National Securities Depository Limited
(c) National Payments Corporation of India
(d) Reserve Bank of India