Arya Chanakya: Perhaps the pioneering prime bureaucrat- scholar. The thinker who realized the dangers of foreign invasion. Chanakya Mandal Pariwar has tried to awaken a corrupt exploitative, anti-people and inefficient regime. When the power-drunk corrupt regime refused to wake up, he sacrificed his career, went into wilderness organized and inspired the young generation from the commonest of the common strata of society. He affected the political revolution which unified India and repulsed the foreign invasion. Having achieved all this he renounced all positions of power and wrote the eternal treatise ‘Artha Shastra’.
Smt. Kiran Bedi (IPS)
While In Service, Initiated Some Experiments In Responsive Administration.
- Many original experiments in office and field level functioning of government machinery to reorient the operations and methodologies in bureaucracy.
- Long-pending land disputes resolved speedily through reconciliatory measures, adopting revenue-court system.
- Active participation in Literacy, universalization of education, women-farmers-consumer movements, land and water conservation, movements against corruption and superstitions.
- Implemented a special programme for neo-literates, so that they do not relapse into illiteracy.
- The programme was appreciated as a ‘model scheme’, by the National Literacy Mission.
- Actively supported various developmental schemes by acting as informal interface between the administration and voluntary agencies.
10 years of service as outstanding officer. Conducting workshops for UPSC aspirants all-over Maharashtra.
Important posts held in the IAS :
1.Sub-divisional officer at Phaltan.
2.Officer on special duty for the state’s Chief Secretary.
3.Director, State Archives, Mumbai.
4.Chief Executive Officer at Ratnagiri and Amravati Zilla Parishads
5.Additional Collector, Pune.
6.Director, Women and Child Welfare Department, Maharashtra.
7.District Collector, Raigad (Alibaug)
8.Deputy Secretary to the Chief Minister, Maharashtra